Homeopathy is only now experiencing resurgence in popularity as people search for a safe, green, and holistic alternative to the more toxic drugs offered by popular medicine.
Homeopathy means “treating like with like” so it looks at the state the person is in and tries to match it with a remedy in order to stimulate the body’s own healing mechanism. The homeopath spends a long time with each person in a consultation and both physical and emotional conditions are commonly treated.
Here are seven reasons why you should try homeopathy:
1. Homeopathy has more than 200 years of solid use and quantum science behind it with all the remedies being proven on people so they are well understood.
2. Homeopathy works with the body’s own healing mechanism instead of against it. Rather than an “anti” medication like all prescription and over the counter drugs, homeopathy works on the law of similars – treating like with like.
3. Homeopathy is individualized so you are never treated like you’re exactly the same as another person. The practitioner really gets to know you and so you are not only heard but also understood for what makes you “you”. This can also be a very enlightening experience for the patient as your own self is mirrored back to you.
4. Homeopathy is safe and non-toxic. While the remedies can be made from any substance in the world they are the energetic essence of that substance so they are completely free of side effects and therefore useful for all ages and life stages.
5. Homeopathy takes your entire self into consideration – body and mind, so illnesses caused by stress, auto-immune factors, and chronic illness are well understood by the practitioner.
Mudasser Chaudhry is a registered Acupuncturist, Homeopath, and Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. At Chaudhry Clinic located in Toronto & Mississauga, Chaudhry provides holistic services to treat chronic pain, infertility, depression and other diseases. Call Chaudhry Clinic today at 416-778-1390 or book an appointment online.
Homeopathy is a system of the medication introduced by Samuel
Hahnemann in 1796 on the principle of ” Like cures like”. The principle states
that the symptoms of the disease i.e. Immunity against any particular disease
in a healthy person can cure the disease in sickness. Homeopathy gained
popularity in the 19th century after the 80% success rate during the cholera
Till now people use homeopathic medicine regularly believing it to be the best type of health care. Like anything else, homeopathy has its own advantages and disadvantages over the other medication systems. The mentionable thing here is that the things those are the strength of homeopathy are also the weaknesses.
Homeopathic medication mainly focuses on stimulating the immune
system to make it stronger as it provides the defense against the disease. This
is the main plus of the homeopathic medication. And this is also one of the
disadvantages of the homeopathic medication. Immune system stimulation can
badly affect the health of the sensitive people and can cause the symptoms of
Homeopathy involves the huge amount of dilution that makes Homeopathic medication non allergic and non toxic. Natural and non synthetic substances are used in making homeopathic medicines. The disadvantage here is that as it involves very natural substances, correct dose matters a lot and if it is ignored it can cost you a lot. Even the physicians cannot specify dose without taking the complete history of the patient that can be sometimes wrong as well.
The theory of homeopathy says that disease is like a tree with its roots deep down somewhere and without taking out those root diseases cannot be cured. That is why the homeopathy medicines take long time to cure the disease. The disadvantage against this advantage of removing the root cause is that this long term treatment frustrates the patients, as everyone want to get rid of the disease as soon as possible, and they leave the treatment. That can be far more harmful.
Most of the medicines, especially the liquid ones contain
alcohol in it. Therefore, it may cause drowsiness, loss of appetite and
headache. In addition, regular usage of homeopathic medicine also can also
result in various stomach related health problems.
Most the patients taking homeopathic medicine are not able to use it for a prescribed term required to get the best results. Because it requires mixing a given number of drops of liquid in water to be taken every few hours, it becomes hectic to follow over time. This eventually leads to dosage skipping and complete ignorance from the treatment.
Over time, this treatment brings several negative effects in the human body. Loss of hair, health and muscles has been seen in patients who had been using this treatment for several years. According to some leading homeopathic experts, it is a rare phenomenon; still, it exists